- Quantum info using BECs
- Exciton-polariton condensates and new quantum technologies
- Atom chips for quantum information
- Quantum information theory: entanglement and coherence
- Quantum finance
- Quantitative biology
- Relativistic quantum information
- BEC-BCS crossover of polaritons
- Novel light sources using exciton-polariton condensates
- Optimization using BECs
- Join us
Room 1113, New York University Shanghai, China
- Tim Byrnes, Kai Wen, Yoshihisa Yamamoto, “Macroscopic quantum computation using Bose-Einstein condensates“, Phys. Rev A 85, 040306(R) (2012).
- Tim Byrnes, Tomoyuki Horikiri, Natsuko Ishida, Yoshihisa Yamamoto, “A BCS wavefunction approach to the BEC-BCS crossover of exciton-polariton condensates“, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 186402 (2010).
- C.W. Lai, N. Y. Kim, S. Utsunomiya, G. Roumpos, H. Deng, M. D. Fraser, T. Byrnes, P. Recher, N. Kumada, T. Fujisawa and Y. Yamamoto, “Coherent zero-state and π-state in an exciton-polariton condensate array”, Nature 450, 529 (2007).
- Tim Byrnes, Patrik Recher, Na Young Kim, Shoko Utsunomiya, Yoshihisa Yamamoto, “Quantum simulator for the Hubbard model with long-range Coulomb interactions using surface acoustic waves”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 016405 (2007).
- T. Byrnes, P. Sriganesh, R.J. Bursill, C.J. Hamer, ”Density Matrix Renormalisation Group Approach to the Massive Schwinger Model”, Phys. Rev. D 66, 013002 (2002).
- Ebubechukwu O. Ilo-Okeke and Tim Byrnes, “Theory of single-shot phase contrast imaging in spinor Bose-Einstein condensates“, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 233602 (2014).
- Tim Byrnes, Na Young Kim, Yoshihisa Yamamoto , “Exciton–polariton condensates“, Nature Physics 10, 803 (2014).
Chandrashekar Radhakrishnan, Manikandan Parthasarathy, Segar Jambulingam, Tim Byrnes, “Distribution of Quantum Coherence in Multipartite Systems“, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 150504 (2016).
- Another interview in Harvard Crimson May 29, 2020
- Interview by Columbia Spectator February 25, 2020
- NY Times interview February 10, 2020
- Appearance in Harvard Crimson article February 5, 2020
- Le Monde article on Hong-Ou-Mandel experiment September 5, 2019
- Thermal Hong-Ou-Mandel experiment in PRL August 22, 2019
- Quanta magazine podcast interview August 1, 2019
- Science suffers collateral damage as US, China tensions rise July 8, 2019
- USTC collaboration featured in PhysicsWorld May 17, 2019
- Prof. Byrnes Sharing Viewpoints on TTP March 19, 2019
- Tim interviewed by Financial Times March 19, 2019
- Prof. Tim Byrnes Featured in Times Higher Education March 19, 2019
- Work Featured on the Website of NYU-ECNU Institute of Physics November 21, 2018
- Paper Figure Displayed in Phy.Rev.A’s Kaleidoscope November 8, 2018
- NYU Shanghai features our work on quantum clock synchronization August 31, 2018
- Prof. Tim Byrnes Sharing His Idea on Quanta Magazine July 26, 2018
- Professor Byrnes on Money Morning May 14, 2018
- USTC-LSU-Calgary-NYU Collaboration April 22, 2018
- Our work featured in ScienceDaily April 8, 2018
- Professor Byrnes Was Interviewed by Xinhua News March 26, 2018